Every relationship will have its ups and downs, and sometimes a relationship can even become a bit stale and boring.
That’s why it is so important to make your relationship a priority in your life and care for it in the same way as you would care for anything that is important to you.
With all the other pressures that we have on our time, many people do neglect their relationship and they start to take it for granted.
If you think that your relationship has lost some of its sparkle, don’t think that there is nothing you can do to regain the spark. Take a look at these seven ways listed below to freshen things up.
1. Forget about the past: If your relationship has grown a bit stale, then there is a good chance that things haven’t been perfect between you and your partner in other ways too. To freshen up a relationship, a good place is to start is to both accept that the past is in the past and that this is a new start.
2. Take a good look at yourself too: It’s no good starting of this exercise by trying to lay all the blame on your partner; you have to accept your share of the responsibility too. Take a look at how the way that you behave might have affected how your partner behaves toward you.
3. Go away somewhere together: Get the kids off to their grandparents for the weekend, take time off work, do whatever it is you have to do, so that the pair of you can get away for a weekend and spend some quality time together.
4. Work on your communication: We all know how important communication is in a relationship, but have you really taken that seriously? Communication doesn’t just mean saying good morning and good night, it means sitting down together and talking. You need to find ways to express your concerns to each other, as well as your dreams and aspirations.
5. Remember why you both fell in love in the first place: Get the wedding album out, or the old photos of when you were first dating, and remind yourselves of why you fell in love then, and why you are still together now. Returning to these moments and remembering what have had in the past will show exactly why you should be trying to rekindle those feelings today.
6. Start a new hobby you can share: If you have been growing apart a while, then you have probably been spending more time apart on your individual pastimes and hobbies. Find something new that you can both be interested in and perhaps take classes some together.
7. Start dating again: You have probably read a hundred times how important it is for couples to carry on dating, but it just can’t be stressed enough. Set aside a day of the week, or even a day of the month, that is your night and your night alone. Get dressed up, go somewhere nice and have a good time together.