Signs That Shows Your Relationship May Not Last Long
To many these days, love is not real. You have a lady who said she is engaged still sleeping with men for cash and she will be deceiving her man that the money she is spending is what she saved before they met. You also see guys sleeping with different ladies because they can’t find a lady to trust. Confusion!
In the midst of this madness, someone has put together the signs that will show you that your relationship may not lead to happy future, as a way to help you keep your sanity.
1. Your partner can’t accept you for who you are;Everyone has positive and negative traits, and a good partner will accept all of your flaws. Your partner doesn’t have to enjoy doing you love with you, but they should accept that you enjoy it and leave you to it. If your partner doesn’t like more important things like your career, it is time for you to leave. Being unable to accept you for who you are is a top indicator that the relationship won’t work.
2. You can’t accept your partner for who they are: Accepting each other works both ways. If your partner loves you for who you are then you should be able to offer the same to your partner. Ask yourself this; if there are things your partner does that you hate or cannot come to terms with, why are you with them?
3. You struggle to handle each other during the hard times: Relationships come with intimacy, happiness and laughter, but they also come with stress, bad moods and hardship. Of course you will love your partner when they are happy and relaxed, but do you feel the same way about them when they are irritated? In a relationship you should support each other during hard times, not push each other away.
4. Your needs are not being met by your partner:Your partner cannot do everything for you; for instance, it is demanding and clingy to insist they talk to you every hour of the day. However it is important that they can meet your needs in the relationship department. They should be able to cheer you up after a tough day, and they should be able to provide you with love and support. If they can’t give you these things the relationship will deteriorate.
5. You are not at the same place mentally; If you are ready to get married and settle down and your partner wants to travel alone to have opportunity to meet other people secretly, you may start to encounter problems. If you realize your relationship is becoming serious, it is useful to sit and talk about your plans for the future. It isn’t anyone’s fault if you have different interests, but you both deserve to know if you’re not in the same boat.
6. You put work into the relationship but your partner does not: Relationships are what you put into them. Both partners need to give and take, and sometimes one partner may give more or take more. This can cause a problem as you should both be putting an equal amount of effort into the relationship. If one of you doesn’t care enough to meet the other halfway, it could be a sign that the relationship has become unhealthy and negative.
7. You struggle to trust each other Both you and your partner should trust each other implicitly. If your partner has given you a reason to distrust them, you can either forgive them but if you see signs that she can’t change in future, move on. As a man, the worst decision you can make is choosing to stay when you don’t trust her. If you find yourself checking your partner’s phone when they leave the room, breaking up and moving on may be the best option for both of you.
8. You don’t see long-term potential: a relationship requires a lot of time and effort, so it is important to make sure you are putting in work for the good of both of you, something that could actually last. You should be able to envision a happy future together. If you don’t see a future together at all it may be time for you to move on.
Article By Amy Johnson